The first step to house sitting success is your choice of house sitting platform. But if you don’t know the qualities to look for, how do you select a good house sitting website from the others?
The ONLY platform dedicated to analysing House Sitting Websites
In 2013 Founder, Robyn-Lea, set about researching all prominent house & pet sitting websites in a quest to find the best opportunities for herself. On discovering vast differences between the best and worst sites, by 2015 her research had morphed into a mission to point people in the direction of reliable house sitting websites. She would monitor and review house & pet sitting websites, showcase the best and expose the rest. Because by using one of the best platforms, like her, others would avoid time-wasting trial & error and take a huge shortcut to the learning curve.
How to choose a good House Sitting Platform
Each platform featured on Compare House Sitting™ reflect the following five qualities and provide House Sitters and Home Owners with an online meeting place of integrity.
- Lists only current (open) Home Owner ads. Or does the website allow Home Owner ads to remain listed once the house sitting position has been filled? Not only is this practice unhelpful to House Sitters searching for house sitting opportunities, it artificially inflates the website’s statistics and makes the site appear more effective than it really is.
- Promotes house and pet sitting as a free service – a win-win arrangement between people who co-operate for mutual benefit, not financial gain. Or will Home Owners waste time liaising with House Sitters who, unbeknown to them, charge a fee? Read moreSince Compare House Sitting™ first exposed this practice in 2015, some sites now require those House Sitters who charge a fee to specify this on their Profile.
- Allows both parties to see all listings in advance of joining. Would you pay for something without knowing exactly what it offers? There is a disturbing trend among house sitting websites to restrict potential users from seeing who & what is on the other side of the fence. These sites allow House Sitters to see some Home Owner listings & Home Owners to browse a few House Sitters, but full viewing access is restricted pending registration. Both parties must, of course, register to connect – important for reasons of online security.
- Maintains a reasonable ratio of Home Owner listings to registered House Sitters. Or is competition fierce? Will House Sitters need to compete with dozens of other keen sitters for house sitting positions? And will Home Owners be inundated with more applications from House Sitters than they can manage?
- Has an active Social Media presence. Or will you be joining a platform that neither shows its face or give members opportunity to interact with one another? Social media plays an important role in the creation of trust. They enable administrators of websites to engage with users and importantly, empower those users to share experiences and discuss ideas.
Download your Free PDF – Five Qualities of all Good House Sitting Sites.
If you are a House Sitter or Home Owner seeking opportunities in Australia or New Zealand, the UK, USA or Canada, each of our featured sites can be relied on to connect in a secure, online environment.
You are Invited to join our FaceBook Group.
COPYRIGHT © Compare House Sitting™ 2015-2017 All Rights Reserved